“We might be laughing a bit too loud. But that never hurt no one.”
~Billy Joel
~Billy Joel
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Mommy Affirmation
Tonight a couple of kids came over to play so that their dad could help Jason with some manual labor stuff. The kids had a blast playing play-doh, having pillow fights, running the circle in the house, and listening to a story I read them called, "Charlie and the Christmas Kitten." The greatest part of the evening for me was just after I had read them the story and Allison came up to me and softly said, "Mom, you were really great tonight!" Then, she gave me a quick hug with a loving smile and proceeded to chase after her friend. Her affirmation felt so good and unexpected! I'm still on cloud 9! Looking in her eyes, I could literally see how proud she was of me and how thankful she was that I was chilled about the messes and into having fun with the kids. I'm so thankful that I get to be Allison and Reid's mommy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment